Friday, September 18, 2015

Americans Name Government as No. 1 U.S. Problem by Justin McCarthy

       I don't believe anyone can truthfully say that the government isn't the number one problem in the United States. If you look at the graph on economy, government and unemployment from March 2014 and March 2015, you can see that there is a higher percentage for government than there is for economy and unemployment. Although the economy is one of our most problems, the government  will always be at the top. From 2000 to 2015, there's been a huge difference to how satisfied people were by the direction of the United States.

        When I hear the word politics, the first thing that comes to my mind is government. So when I saw that the title of the article had the word government, I just had to read it. I too believe that the government is the number one problem in the United States. I feel like they aren't completely honest about everything  that is going on. How can we make or try to make a change if there's a lot of things that we aren't aware of. The sentence that stood out to me the most, was "While dissatisfaction with government is by no means a new issue to the American people, it has not in recent months been as clearly the leading problem as it is now, given that fewer Americans mention the economy." More and more people are probably starting to see that the government isn't being truthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment